Can you believe another year is gone? Whoa! I am so excited to be wrapping up my 2nd year of blogging. To celebrate 2017 I wanted to share my top 20 posts at Our Home Made Easy. I had a few controversial posts and a few that I was surprised to see on the Top 20 lists. Let’s get to them!
This year was an amazing year for reader growth (hi new readers!), personal growth and education, and I even released several products (shameless plug here for the SHOP). I cannot wait for year 3 of blogging to begin. I am excited to continue sharing easy recipes & projects with you. After all, we are all so busy. Let’s make what we can easier!
Without further ado, here are the Top 20 Posts of 2017…
20. Easy IKEA Stool Hack We built these 2 days before Christmas! They were super easy to take from boring to perfect for the kids.
19. How to Keep Your Home Clean Everyday This post had a really popular free printable to keep everyone organized during the week.
18. How to Stencil Paint Perfectly (Without Any Fancy Tools) You don’t need fancy cutting tools to make your own stencils. It’s super easy to do yourself, and I showed you how in this tutorial.
17. How to Make Money on Pinterest This is really interesting since it’s geared towards other bloggers! I try not to post too many blogging oriented options, but it was certainly an interesting topic.
16. 19 Budget Chandeliers We updated the builder’s grade entry way lighting with a beautiful chandelier– but didn’t spend much. I found 19 other options, all under $150!
15. How to Build a Rae Dunn Coffee Mug Holder for Cheap This beautiful piece is both artwork and functional. It’s perfect for the farmhouse style fans.
14. How to Save 45 Minutes on Every Sewing Project Unless you have an hour or two to spend shopping, this post is for every busy sewist!
12. How to Install Tile Backsplash Easily Tile work is nerve-wracking. Thankfully we found an easy solution that solved our tiles woes.
11. 11 Things You Need to Know Before Building Board & Batten Walls Board & Batten makes boring walls look amazing. Rather than another DIY tutorial, I shared what you really should know before you start a B&B project.
10. 15 Fall Crafts You Can Make in an Hour Who doesn’t need an easy project? I loved these in early fall and so did my readers!
9. Is Fusion Mineral Paint Worth It? Fusion Mineral paint was so popular in 2017. I shared my first experience (and whether I would recommend it to a friend).
8. 13 Things You Need to Know Before Buying the Kreg Jig The Kreg Jog is one of your favorite tools. And it’s also one of the cheapest.
7. 25 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Dinner Love a home coked dinner but don’t have a lot of time at night? There will give you so many ideas– and be ready to eat when you arrive home.
6. 11 Things to Know Before Sewing Minky Fabric I shared my favorite tips and tricks with this fun fabric.
5. DIY Homemade Gifts This is so interesting to see! We have a crafty bunch reading each week. I think there is so much inspiration in this one post.
4. Budget Powder Room Reveal Our powder room is still one of my favorite rooms in the house! It was our first experience making over an entire space at once. And each project was really easy to do!
3. 3 Reasons Why You’re Failing at Having a Perfectly Clean House This one sounds so dramatic. But I struggle with what I think the world expets of your home and reality. See how you & I can stop feeling like we are failing!
2. How to DIY Paint Two Tone Furniture This was my first experience making a two tone project. So many months later and it’s holding up so well. I love this piece!
1. How to Easily Remove Paint & Varnish From Old Furniture This is the MOST viewed post from 2017! It’s also the most controversial. But hey, I love the final product. Sorry wood-shippers, I like my painted wood. 😉
Whew. That was alot. I feel incredibly lucky to have such an amazing audience who cheer on our DIYs and let me say “Hey!” each Thursday morning in their inbox. I truly appreciate you stopping by every Monday & Wednesday. How many women are lucky enough to have a part time job that is totally fulfilling and fun? This is the best and I have you to thank.
Have a wonderful New Year! I’ll be hanging out with my favorite people and we’ll probably be asleep by 9:30. 🙂