Wondering if Impactful Habits, Organized Home by Abby Lawson is right for you? I’m sharing what I learned in the course, what you’ll love about it, and who the course is NOT for. Keep reading for all the details!
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclaimer for more information)
Do you ever catch yourself scrolling through Instagram liking so many pretty organizing posts and secretly wishing your home looked as good as the photos? Or have you pinned countless closet photos on Pinterest in hopes that one day you’ll find the time & energy to make yours look GOOD?
We’ve all done it. Probably at least once this week.
We love looking at beautiful homes but have absolutely zero ideas on how to turn our own homes into spaces like those.
Thankfully that ends today. 🎉
You now have access to one of the most popular organizing IG accounts (run by a fellow boy mom!) and she is sharing ALL her secrets on how to make a home not only beautifully organized but make it second nature.
Can you imagine having step by step help in making your own home like those you see on Pinterest or Instagram with a pro, on your own time?
I’m pretty excited too!
What is Impactful Habits, Organized Home?
In her course, Abby shares her tried-and-true system for organizing the most important spaces in your home, but she also focuses on habits that are absolutely essential for keeping up your organization, way past just these first few weeks in January!
And before you start to think that she is one of those people who is lucky enough to possess the elusive “organizing gene,” Abby is the first to admit that she’s actually very scatterbrained by nature.
But rather than give up and resign herself to the fact that she could never be organized, Abby realized that– as with many things in life– organizing is something that you can learn and get better at with practice.
So she took all of the habits and strategies she used to go from scatterbrained to organized, and put them into her Impactful Habits, Organized Home course so that others could benefit as well– even if they feel like they don’t have the “organizing gene”!
What I Learned
In order to share a true review of the course, I wanted to step through the course myself. Abby was gracious enough to grant me early access to dive into the course so that I could share what I learned with you.
- You always have to take everything out of the space. You guys, I’m the master at pushing everything around! Truly pulling everything out of the space really showed how much stuff we have.
- Declutter is always the first step before organizing any project. If you haven’t already joined our FREE 6 Week Declutter Challenge, please do!
- I should change my mindset of choosing what to keep rather than what I should get rid of.
- While we’ve been meal planning for more than 8 years, I learned how to save more time while making our grocery shopping list!
What You’ll Love
Impactful Habits, Organized Home is more than just an organizing course. Abby helps you build habits that make organizing a daily part of your life. She makes staying organized feel second nature and NOT a chore.
- Abby shares how to organize a less than an ideal kitchen. She wants to make sure every mom knows that they can organize their space, even if they don’t have lots of space! [I was really impressed that she showed this, it truly showed how organizing is available for all those who have a home, not just ones with big beautiful spaces.]
- Are you a rule follower? Abby provides hundreds of pages in the course workbook that you can download and print off at home. This gives you step by step tutorials for how to organize your room and plan the new space. I was surprised to see the workbooks for each module and felt like they just elevated the value for those who want to take their homes one step further.
- The 3Rs for the Kitchen! I shouldn’t share what they are but I promise, you’ll LOVE them. Abby makes these organizing tricks turn into routines is something that our family already does but I’ve never thought to share it. It works every night for us, for Abby’s family… soon yours!
- The course includes WAY more than just tutorials. Abby provides links to personally curated Pinterest boards for inspiration, her favorite organization products for each space, and encouragement inside the course’s private Facebook group!
How is the Course Taught?
If you’ve never taken an online course, I completely understand that it may seem unfamiliar. Thankfully Abby made it easy to navigate.
First, Abby provides a really helpful intro on how to organize any space in your home. Then she provides a quick win example of how to use the process right away. This really sets the tone for the entire course. You’ll be able to take what she teaches and apply it to each of the modules in the class.
Then, she does a deep dive into six projects around the house. Her projects are truly building new habits and organization for six ZONEs in your home!
- Project 1: Entryway
- Project 2: Kitchen
- Project 3: Clothing
- Project 4: Bathrooms
- Project 5: Office
- Project 6: Storage Spaces
Abby offers bonuses in the course that help you go from “Wow that’s organized!” to “My space belongs on Instagram. Where is my phone?”
Other Posts I Think You’ll Enjoy Today:
- DIY Small Bedroom Closet Organization Reveal
- Where to Start Decluttering in Your Home Today
- How to Organize a Gym Bag
Who Would Not Enjoy This Course?
Abby is an excellent teacher. She offers a combination of videos, audio recordings, workbooks, printable labels for each section of the course. And I truly believe it’s a great course for those who are interested in making this year the best yet with a beautifully organized home. However, I understand that not everyone is ready for the course.
If any of these sounds like you, I would not recommend Impactful Habits, Organized Home:
- If you have ZERO desire to organize your house. You’re allowed to enjoy the mess if that makes you feel happy!
- Your house is already perfectly organized. (If that’s the case, email me and tell me all your secrets, girl!)
- You don’t enjoy learning at your own pace. Abby delivers the course immediately. However, it’s up to you to do the work! The course comes with a Facebook group that is really active. If you need encouragement, those ladies will help you stay motivated for sure! [I love seeing the Before & After photos. They helped me stay motivated to keep doing my own spaces!]
If you’re not quite ready to take on an organizing course, that’s okay.
I still want you to succeed in your time. I highly encourage that you download Abby’s FREE guide called 7 Simple Starting Points.
In the guide, Abby talks about several super easy ways to get started on those great big, scary organizing projects, and she truly breaks down the process in a way that makes it feel doable. And once we find an easy starting point and get our project going, it’s so much easier to continue to chip away at it until that room we once avoided becomes the organized space that we’re proud of!
If you could use a little help getting started on an organizing project, head here and grab the FREE 7 Simple Starting Points guide. Your cluttered space could be organized more quickly than you think, and that is a great feeling!
Should You Join The Impactful Habits, Organized Home Community?
If you’ve struggled with getting and staying organized in the past, I invite you to join me to become part of the Impactful Habits, Organized Home community.
You’ll gain the knowledge, motivation, and accountability you need to not only organize those cluttered spaces you’ve wanted to tackle for a while now but to keep them that way for the long haul.
PIN FOR LATER: