Whip up some spooky Halloween Puppy Chow for a ghoulishly good time. This easy recipe is a hit with kids and is perfect for Halloween parties. Get ready to make snack time frighteningly fun!
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclaimer for more information)
Ready to make one of your favorite snacks as a kid, fun for Fall?
As Halloween approaches, I know how hectic things can get. But worry not, because I’ve got the perfect treat to make this spooky season extra special and stress-free: Halloween Puppy Chow! This delightful recipe is not only a breeze to make but also an absolute hit with kids (and adults too!).
Imagine the irresistible combination of semisweet chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and a touch of butter, all coating crunchy Corn Chex cereal. It’s a mouthwatering blend of flavors and textures that will have your family reaching for more.
And we’re not stopping there! We’re adding a fun and festive twist with Reese’s candy, candy corn, and candy pumpkins – making this treat a Halloween masterpiece.
How to Make Halloween Puppy Chow
Warm Up Your Chocolate and Peanut Butter
Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter to a measuring pitcher and melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted.
Add the Chex to a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate peanut butter over. Toss the Chex and chocolate peanut butter using a spatula until the cereal is fully coated.
Fold In Your Candy Into the Chocolate Mixture
Next, fold in your Reese’s candy, candy corn, and candy pumpkins. Gently stir until the candy is lightly coated with chocolate.
Top With Powdered Sugar
Add the powdered sugar and toss the mixture 1/2 cup of powdered sugar at a time.
Mix until candy and cereal are fully coated.
Lay the puppy chow out on parchment paper to let fully dry (about 30-45 minutes).
Puppy Chow Frequently Asked Questions:
Before we dive into the recipe, you might have some questions, so let’s address a few:
1. Can I use a different cereal?
While Corn Chex works perfectly, you can experiment with other cereals like Rice Chex or even pretzels for a unique twist.
2. Can I make it ahead of time?
Absolutely! Halloween Puppy Chow stays fresh for several days when stored in an airtight container.
3. Can I use different candies?
Certainly! Feel free to customize your puppy chow with your favorite Halloween candies or seasonal sprinkles.
4. Is it safe for nut allergies?
If nut allergies are a concern, you can use a nut-free alternative like sunflower butter.
5. Can kids help make this? Yes, it’s a fantastic recipe for little helpers to get involved in the kitchen. Just be cautious when handling hot ingredients.
So, let’s make this Halloween memorable with some spooky fun in the kitchen. Whip up a batch of Halloween Puppy Chow, and watch your family’s faces light up with delight!
Other Halloween Themed Desserts I Know You’ll Love:
- 15 Spooky Good Halloween Treats for Kids & Adults!
- The Easiest School Halloween Treats You Can Make Today
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 cups corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Reese’s candy
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup candy pumpkins
1. Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter to a measuring pitcher and melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted.
2. Add the Chex to a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate peanut butter over.
3. Toss the Chex and chocolate peanut butter using a spatula until the cereal is fully coated.
4. Add the Resse's candy, candy pumpkins, candy corn and toss until mixed.
5. Add the powdered sugar and toss the mixture 1/2 cup of sugar at a time. Mix until candy and cereal are fully coated.
6. Lay the puppy chow out on parchment paper to let fully dry for approximately 30-45 minutes.
Store in an airtight container once the puppy chow is dry,
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 4gSugar: 49gProtein: 7g